7 Effective Ways to Impress Online Shoppers

Written by: Ole-Martin
Posted on: November 10, 2021

Navigating the e-commerce landscape can be daunting for online stores looking to make an impact. This article outlines seven game-changing tactics designed to wow your customers from the moment they land on your website to the final stages of their purchase.

1. Simplify the User Experience

Imagine this: you click a captivating Facebook ad, only to be bombarded with pop-ups, countdown timers, and an overload of Call-To-Action (CTA) buttons upon landing on the website. It’s overwhelming and confusing, to say the least.

Just as in a first date, first impressions in online shopping matter. Avoid overwhelming your visitors with aggressive pop-ups or confusing interfaces. If lead capture is vital for your strategy, consider using software designed to display pop-ups at the most opportune moments.

2. Anticipate and Answer Customer Questions

Surprisingly, only about 3% of your website visitors may be ready to make a purchase immediately. The other 97%? They have questions.

Addressing common inquiries—such as return policies, shipping details, and product ingredients—proactively can help prevent potential customers from hitting the dreaded “x” button. An FAQ section adjacent to each product can be a resourceful way to satisfy curious customers and reduce your support emails.

3. Amplify Trust with Customer Reviews

A product page without reviews is akin to an empty restaurant; it raises red flags. Reviews not only enhance product credibility but also assure customers that your online store is legitimate.

You need to proactively ask for reviews. Using automated platforms to send brand-aligned email or SMS invitations for reviews can boost response rates. Once you’ve accrued positive feedback, showcase it prominently on product pages, homepages, and even during the checkout process.

4. Ensure a Secure and Smooth Checkout Process

An inefficient or suspicious-looking checkout process can undo all the hard work you’ve put into attracting customers. Utilize trusted payment gateways and ensure your checkout interface is clean and straightforward. If a customer abandons a cart, capturing their contact information allows you to remind them later about their pending purchase, potentially recovering lost sales.

5. Offer Speedy and Flexible Shipping Options

In the era of Amazon’s two-day shipping, customers have come to expect quick and often free delivery options. Although fast shipping can be expensive for store owners, offering free standard shipping and an option for expedited delivery can strike the right balance.

6. Elevate the Unboxing Experience

The customer journey doesn’t end upon payment or even delivery; it extends to the unboxing experience. Personal touches, like a thank-you card or a small freebie, can go a long way in winning customer loyalty. Utilize this moment of delight to request reviews.

7. Deliver Exceptional Customer Service

Exceptional customer service involves engaging with customers at every stage of their journey. Implement live chat for real-time assistance and consider using post-purchase surveys to gather additional feedback. Responding to this feedback can be an invaluable strategy for customer retention.

Implementing these seven tips can help optimize the customer experience, foster trust, and ultimately boost your online sales. Remember, the devil is in the details; small changes can yield significant results.

Ko:Ko Norway on Crafting Connection and Couture

With almost 400,000 dresses sold worldwide and earning the Gasellebedrift title for rapid growth, Lipscore facilitates how Ko:Ko meets customer needs, enhancing the Ko:Ko experience through quality, fit, and unique [...]
Read more

Contact us today!

Unlock the potential of high-volume ratings and authentic reviews for impactful data and business growth.

More Stars. Real Reviews.

Request a Demo.

Subscribe to our newsletter
Get the latest news, articles, and resources—straight to your inbox monthly.
By submitting, you accept our GDPR policy
© 2024 LipScore. All rights reserved.

Get the latest news, tips & resources.

Straight to your inbox monthly.