Search for answers or browse our knowledge base.
Lipscore API Implementation Guide
If the webshop is built with a custom-made platform or one of the platforms Lipscore does not have an app for, you can still implement Lipscore on the website via API and by manually adding widgets to your store frontend.
This is what you need
- Lipscore API documentation
- Access to the source code of your website
- A valid user account with Lipscore.com
- Widgets library
- The API keys (codes that identify your site in the Lipscore network) which can be found in the Settings – General – API settings after logging in on https://members.lipscore.com/login
- Information from the customer / Lipscore Onboarding manager on which widgets should be implemented on the website, and possibly the preferred placements
- This explanatory video by our CEO & CTO on how to do the API integration
The steps necessary to complete the implementation
1. Create a backend connection for order data transfer between Lipscore’s and the customer’s database via API. Important notes:
- Apart from required data: please make sure to send GTIN numbers to Lipscore if the customer wants to display Lipscore ratings and reviews in Google Shopping ads. Also, please send product category data to Lipscore in addition so that customer can enjoy some of our additional functionalities (e.g., product attributes / true-to-size functionality, blocking invitations for selected product categories, and others). Long story short, the more data is sent to Lipscore, the better analytics and functionality we can offer to the webshop.
- The preferred order status that will trigger the transfer of order data from customer’s database to Lipscore’s should be when order is shipped to the shopper (e.g., Completed, Fulfilled, Sent, Shipped).
2. Add Initializer script in head tag of every page of your webshop
Please notice that there are two things you need to change/pay attention to in the following script:
- Language code in the link to our js-file. Notice in the sample that there is an “/en/” in the url? Available languages are en, no, se, dk, fi, fr, de, br, cz, it, es
- The API key. This can be found in the Settings – General – API keys page in the Lipscore account.
You can find the Initializer script’s code in the Widgets library.
3. Open the Widgets library and add all relevant rating/review widgets
It is the website owner / manager / Onboarding manager at Lipscore who specifies which widgets are supposed to be implemented. Important note:
- Implementing the Rating widget is crucial for Schema.org markup (rich snippets displaying in Google organic search) and for sending information about product ratings and reviews to the Google Shopping XML feed.
For mockups of how they may look on customers’ pages, refer to this article about Product widgets and this article about Service widgets
Testing the integration
Test the integration following these instructions. If everything works as expected, send a confirmation email to the customer and Onboarding manager that the integration is completed.
If you have any question at all please contact us at:
Great to have you on board! 😊